As of January 2009, the Small Press Review (SPR) is published in an online edition only. The format is a Portable Document File (PDF), which is an exact duplicate of its former paper edition, and is printable from your computer. Subscribers have access to all issues of SPR back to March, 2006.
"A no-nonsense tool shedding light on small press/magazine publishing
with lightning-quick reviews. . .and lists of publishers offering
free samples." --Utne Reader
The Small Press Review is a magazine with review columns, information and helpful hints on getting
published. Published bi-monthly, it contains up-to-date and late-breaking
news on the small press and small magazine industry. Whether you're a writer, a
reader, a teacher or a publisher, The Small
Press Review brings you the information you need about independent publishing and publishers.
In this "must have" subscription, you'll find:
- Editorial needs.
- Listings of new publishers with contact info, many listing e-mail
addresses and WWW home page addresses for submission guidelines.
- Contest Information -- Cash, scholarships and grants are there
for the neophyte as well as the published writer! With guidelines,
deadlines, rules, eligibility requirements and contact information.
- Reviews of the latest small press books and magazines - including book and magazine "Picks" of the month.
- Guest editorials -- written by readers such as you. We publish two guest editorials (700 word max.) in each issue . Have an opinion? Try it on us.
- Columns -- featuring reviews and commentaries
from Bob Grumman, Kirby Congdon, John Jacobs, editor Susan Fulton Raymond, and many others.
- Reader letters - where you tell SPR
what's on your mind.
- BONUS!! Each issue of Small
Press Review contains the popular "Free Sample Mart," a
page offering free copies of some 30 different magazines and books!